As a key member of Gulf Mechanical Contractors Building Automation and Controls group the controls technicians are responsible for programming, maintaining, and servicing automation equipment and technically support our controls engineering and field staff. Utilize customer service skills in order to assist our clients.
- Written by jgbudxye-ca
- Published: 01 Apr 2021
- Able to program multiple DDC programs languages
- Must have basic hand tools and meters
- Establish relationships with key customers and potential clients
- Strong technical skills required
- Able to troubleshoot programs and field devices
- Communicates regularly and efficiently with dispatch, project managers, and engineering manager via voice mail, cell phone, and email regarding dispatch, job concerns, technical matters, and other issues
- Understand blueprints, wiring diagrams, and manufactures installation manuals to complete assigned projects.
- Ensure quality workmanship
- Advises operations team of potential and risk and additional opportunities
- Proficient in Microsoft programs such as word, excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and other office solution-type programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2 years tech school or equivalent experience desired
- Knowledge of heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems, control systems, building automation, electrical systems, energy management, fire alarm, and smoke removal systems, engineering, installation, and construction procedures
- Knowledgeable of industry software such as: Niagara n-4, Dis-Tec and/or Siemens Desigo CC and Desigo Optex
- Experience with Building Automation Systems preferred.
- Valid Florida driver’s license
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills for HVAC systems
- Ability to interact with all levels of personnel to include department and project managers, engineers, sales personnel, and service and control technicians
- Strong customer service skills
- Capable of lifting 50 pounds without assistance
- Willingness to accept responsibility and accountability.
- Ability to pass high-level security clearance procedures with the US government
- Ability to pass the Florida Jessica Lunsford Act for Schools.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the US
- Applicants must be willing to travel